Sorry I have been MIA for awhile, life has been busy between work and family commitments. Lately I have been thinking a lot about music. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I had the opportunity to see GLEE Live two times! Boy, was that a treat! That cast is amazing and comes together so well. As I was sitting there singing along to the tunes, I noticed a small child about 2 years old, dancing and singing along to the music. It was there I realized that kids love music for what it is, even if they can't understand the words or have never seen the show to know who the characters are. She didn't fuss at all, and stayed content for the entire 2 hours. When I sat down to write this post, I tried to dig up every memory I had of a experience with kids where it involved music. One sticks out very boldly in my mind.
I babysat for twins from the time they were infants until they went to kindergarten (tear tear) They LOVED music, and I always had it on for them in the house. At nap they had classical, at lunch they had kids tunes, in the car they had praise music. I mean, every opportunity I had, there was music on. We even had songs I mad up for bath time, clean up and brushing their teeth. Now, when kids are small, its hard to tell if music impacts them the way you hope it does. But as they grew, they starting requesting the songs, and even singing them on their own.
When they did get to watch tv (which wasn't very often!), they had this really amazing DVD collection titled Praise Baby. It has babies, animals and scenery set to praise music. It really calmed them down and helped them prepare for nap easier. I would recommend this DVD collection for anyone and it would be great to give as a gift. You can find it at http://praisebaby.com At this site you can buy, see samples and learn all about their company.
Another awesome collection is Baby Einstein. I used to have them playing in the background when they were small, just so they could hear music at all times. The great thing about this collection is it is all classical music. They have DVD's, CD's, toys and other great gift ideas to give someone that is having a new baby. You can find out more at www.babyeinstein.com.
Both of these collections are great to have around and are sure to be enjoyed for years to come. Let me know if you own these or have any experiences with either of these products!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My children love the tapes called "Baby Songs"
ReplyDeleteIt's music and kids being silly. I like to have music playing in the background as I clean. It makes the hard boring chore of cleaning go bby faster.